Your Trade Digest To Facebook Marketplace | The Latest Growth Model
It is a known fact that Facebook is a platform for social networking – to catch up with family and friends, share pictures, join interest groups, and many more. Apart from all these, the best part about Facebook marketplace categories is that it is helpful to build an ecommerce business and sell things on its platform. All you need is just a Facebook Account. With this, it is quite simple to get started with Facebook Marketplace as per its categories.
Facebook Marketplace, which started in October 2016, is an online shopping app where users can buy and sell old or new products locally. It is used in more than 70 countries globally including millions of users who buy and sell every month. This makes it a feasible platform to boost conversions and increase sales of products or services using various Facebook marketplace categories. Anyhow, if you are a marketer and haven’t tried Facebook Marketplace yet, then it is the right time to get started.
What is Facebook marketplace categories?
Marketplace in itself is a convenient destination for people to locate, buy and sell products. Hence, in Facebook Marketplace, people can easily find what they are looking for by refining their searches as per category, location, price, and many more.
Facebook marketplace categories is more or less a Facebook group with options to list items for sale, search items to buy, and mark sold items. It gives a complete shop-like experience that connects users with items they wish to buy or sell. However, Facebook does not ease sales transactions but provides a place for sellers to advertise their products without getting into the price and shipping process between the buyer and seller.
With Facebook Marketplace, one can,
- Advertise their store items on Marketplace to increase sales
- Exhibit various retail items like property, vehicles, etc.
- Display new or used items to shop. All this for free.
Why Facebook marketplace categories?
Facebook is a powerful tool for brands who are interested in selling their products to their target audience. The Facebook marketplace categories have now expanded to include merchant selling in addition to peer-to-peer shopping.
Facebook Marketplace is an advantage for small businesses as it opens up the business to a large global audience. Few reasons why Facebook Marketplace is a great opportunity for business can be pointed as,
- List products and services for free and boost sales
- Sell items one on one directly to prospects
- Access to various marketing tools
- Choice of the desired payment processor
Who can sell on Facebook marketplace categories?
Anyone can sell using Facebook marketplace categories. It is a place to advertise your products to your target audience or get rid of unwanted things. Precisely, it is useful for,
- Brick and mortar store
- Amazon sellers
- Ecommerce businesses
- Business owners or marketers
- Handicraft artists, etc.
The strategy for selling is the same as in Amazon and eBay but it also depends on how creative one is in selling their products. Unlike other online stores, Facebook charges are nil if products are sold locally. And if an order requires shipping, then a seller is charged 5% of the sale price. So, experienced e-commerce sellers can work on margins that work for them.
If you need to start selling on Facebook Marketplace then the first thing is you need an active Facebook account. If your product requires shipping then it is also important to indicate shipping and payment data.
How to sell on Facebook marketplace categories?
Before starting with Marketplace, it must be ensured that the inventory is accurate and up to date.
- First of all, there must be a valid Facebook account.
- The marketplace can be accessed from the Facebook homepage.
- Your preferred listing type can be chosen from items for sale.
- Fill in the product information and add product images.
- The next step is to optimize lists to make sure products are,
- Engaging to be viewed
- Discovered by potential customers
- Likely to sell more
- Ensure your title and description have relevant keywords to improve your search. This maximizes your chances of showing products in search results.
- It is important also to not bombard descriptions with keywords and include relevant keywords.
- Next section deals with local or shipping options.
- You can then choose your shipping options.
- Once the weight is chosen, Facebook will preview how much can be earned.
- The last step would be to select where the products would be listed in the overall marketplace including local selling groups which helps to get potential buyers.
- Once the listing area is chosen, you are now ready to publish your item and start communicating with buyers.
Facebook Marketplace Categories
Every item that needs to be posted falls under a category and Facebook lists categories as below. Buyers can view all categories, refine with filters or search for a particular product.
- Home sales
Things To Consider When Selling on Facebook Marketplace
- Orders to be shipped within 3 days and received within 7 days
For any brand or handmade goods, it is foremost vital to keep a check on stocks to meet the demand and supply efficiently. Also, once the items are shipped, it is equally crucial to reach the customer base within 7 days of shipment.
- Facebook Marketplace does not sync with all e-commerce platforms
There will be brands that do not partner with Facebook to reach out to a large audience. There are a few of them who partners like Shopify, Shipstation, BigCommerce, CommerceHub, Quipt, Zentail, and ChannelAdvisor.
- Ample communication from buyers
As it happens with any sales channel, there will be several queries from customers who are curious to know more about products or those who have already placed their orders and want to track their shipment. It is important to be patient to answer incoming queries and make your brand more voice-friendly.
The Benefits of Selling on Facebook Marketplace
- Facebook Marketplace is a simple way to maximize any brand discovery and its products.
- With its remarkable advertising features, retailers can showcase their products in the marketplace.
- It ensures products are viewed by the right audience resulting in maximized audience interaction and improved sales.
Facebook Marketplace Rules
To understand more about Facebook Marketplace, take a look at the Facebook Marketplace Commerce Policies. This applies to buy and sell groups, Instagram shopping, marketplace, and page shops.
Facebook also lists a few items that are not permitted to sell on the marketplace such as,
- Health and wellness products
- An electronic device or digital media
- Ammunition, explosives, etc.
- Adult products or services
- Special event tickets
- Tobacco products
- Gift coupons
PowerAdSpy is one such robust advertising tool to market and showcase your products allowing you to profit big without spending money on testing ads that do not work. It is the first and largest software of its kind to run Google, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Native, and GDN ads to boost revenue.
PowerAdSpy allows you to:
- See all currently live and past Google, Facebook, Instagram, Reddit, GDN, Native, Reddit, and Quora ads that are winners in any niche.
- View their targeting country’s marital status, age group, etc.
- See exactly where the winner’s traffic is being sent off.
- Replicate winners for your business.
Check out our new reads,
The Best Google Ad Spy Tool To Crush Your Competition
How To Target Competitors Audience Using Facebook Ads
Facebook Marketplace is a prime place for businesses who wish to sell their products. Its huge audience number makes it the right place to sell. It is easy to set up and free to use with just a Facebook account required. Marketers can even advertise their products to reach more people.
It is available on Android, iOS, and desktop devices that open up opportunities to integrate with tools like Autoresponders and CRMs. Eventually, there are chances of generating more leads, nurture them, and turn them into loyal customers for their long-lived patronage.