Discover Top Facebook Advertising Terms
When it comes to social media platforms, the first name that gets in our minds is “Facebook”. Facebook is the largest social media platform in the whole history. With over 2 billion monthly active users and over 1 billion daily active users, not including Facebook in your marketing strategy can’t be considered a smart move.
The organic reach for branded Facebook pages has recently dropped down to just 2% after the last big update. Marketers have tended their way towards the advertisement section. 93% of marketers use Facebook advertising on a regular basis.
In case you are not aware of the top Facebook Advertising Terms, continue reading this article. You will explore the terms and also how they can impact your business.
Steps to Get Started on Facebook
If are looking for steps required to get started with Facebook advertising, here is a sneak peek:
- Select your Niche – First thing first. Before getting started, you need to be specific about your industry.
- Target your Audience – Facebook is a huge platform. You must target your audience. Do it on the basis of their interest, locations, keywords, industry, gender, etc.
- Analyze your Competitors – Your competitors are the biggest source of information. Spy on them and understand what works and what not. A tool like PowerAdSpy is the best way to do it.
- Create and Launch Ads – Now that you have successfully completed the research part, it’s time for you to create the best ads and launch them on Facebook.
After managing the groundwork, it’s time for you to know more about Facebook. You can claim that you know it all but you certainly don’t. Facebook has its own set of terms and conditions for ad creation and distribution.
These terms and conditions are important for each and every business or individual if they wish to leverage Facebook ads. Facebook will not accept and run your ads unless you follow all the rules. Your ads must be suited for the platform.
Top Facebook Advertising Terms that you should know about
If your advert contains content that is prohibited to Facebook’s community standards, your ads won’t run on the platform. They will send you an email regarding the issue. Until you fix it, your ads will not run.
Some of the prohibited contents are:
- Illegal Products or Services – Adverts should not contain any type of stuff that is illegal, unsafe, exploits or mislead the audience.
- Tobacco Products – Facebook is strictly against the promotion of any product that contains tobacco.
- Drugs or Drugs Related Products – You can’t drugs or drugs related products through Facebook advertising.
To explore the rest of the prohibited content, click here.
Ads that promote certain types of content that are restricted by Facebook can’t run. Unless you get some prior written permission through Facebook authorities.
Some of the restricted contents are:
- Dating – Such type of content is allowed only with prior written permission.
- Gambling – An advert that includes any gambling or lottery related content can only be run after a proper permission.
- Online Pharmacies – Even the online pharmacy related adverts need prior written permission in order to run such ads.
To explore the rest restricted content, click here.
Are you a brand looking for advertising video content on Facebook? Here is something for you.
Your video ad should not include overly disruptive tactics, such as flashing screens. Adverts like Movie trailers, TV programmes and video game trailers should not contain any adult content and must target the audience above 18.
Ad positioning plays an important role in any ad campaigns. You need to be very careful regarding the position of your ads if you need clicks on it. Here are a few things that Facebook wants you to know about it.
- Relevance – All the components of the ad should be relevant and appropriate to the products or services that are offered.
- Accuracy – The ads need to clearly represent the company, brand or service.
- Landing Page – The information on the ad must match to the information on the landing page.
Targeting plays an important role in your advertisement strategy. You need to specific about your audience. In order to run Facebook ads, you also need to take care of:
- You should not use targeting options to discriminate, harass or provoke any kind of wrong activities.
- In case you choose custom audience then you must comply with the applicable terms.
In case you create any lead adverts, you can’t ask for the following questions. Unless you have a prior permission from the authorities.
- Account Numbers
- Criminal History
- Financial Information
- Govt. Issued Identifiers
- Health Information
- Insurance Information
You can find the whole list, here.
In case your ad got disapproved, here is what to do next:
- Check the mail associated with your advert account and look out for the email from Facebook. The email will tell you about the reason or reasons behind your ad’s disapproval.
- Modify it. Once you acknowledge the issue, you need to modify it.
- Save your Changes. Now that you have made the changes, save it. If all goes well your ads will start to run.
Facebook advertising has become a must for the online industry. No matter what your business is or what niche you belong to, Facebook is the best way to reach the targeted audience, after Google Ads. If you want to start using Facebook ads and reach your audience, you need to know and understand the Facebook advertising terms.